A Math Equation
Math doesn’t lie.
So I looked into this Razzie thingy. Sounds like a fruit cocktail but it is an apparent award for they say “the worst in film” by respected judges.
On their website you can join to be Judge! Holy shit, for $40 I could actually use my credit card to be a one! So I joined (I didn’t want the INNER SANCTUM membership for $75, because it sounds too much like Rectum). The $100 one for “GUARANTEED ANONYMITY” sounds kind of cool for the pure Internet lifer-hater-living-their-whole-life-behind-a-computer-wishing-they-could-of-done-something-other-then-hate-the-ones-that-are-doing. But the price was steep.
I’m a judge now $40 bucks with a newsletter included. I must say the Razzie Reporter Newsletter rocks!
So here’s the math, made by a young PA in the office:
- Directed nine movies
- One movie tanked at the box office
- 4th Highest Grossing Director of All Time according to BoxOffice Mojo
- Youngest age in the top ten Grossing directors according to Boxoffice Mojo
- Bay most likely has received the most Razzie nominations as a director ever has
- Transformers Dark of the Moon: 140 million people around the world attended
- Transformers Dark of the Moon box-office $1.123 billion dollars.
- Transformers Dark of the Moon received 7 Noms this year
- Transformers Dark of the Moon is 4th highest grossing movie of All Time (the last Harry Potter is 3rd , and last Lord of the Rings is 5th).
- The next most attended movie Nominee is Jack and Jill, 4.2 million people.
- Transformers Dark of the Moon made $1.20 billion more dollars then the next Nominee Jack and Jill
- Number of Razzie Judges: 423
- Razzie Judges with Emperor packages: 13 (not sure what special shit they get)
Okay so now…
430 judges vote + 140 million people saw it + 712 Paramount Studio employees are smiling = 1 Very Happy Director